2004 GMC Envoy XUV/SLT; How to change third brake light

Formatted
0

Asked by Formatted Dec 13, 2013 at 06:39 AM about the 2004 GMC Envoy XUV 4 Dr SLT 4WD SUV

I need to replace my third brake light, and need directions on how to install it. It looks like I have to remove the inside panel on the tailgate, but the only way to do that is to fully lower the window, and drop the tailgate down. If I have to do that the window will block me from accessing the third brake light.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Formatted
0

Never mind, I decided I will take this to the dealership. Mainly do to two reasons (well three); 1) I can't seem to find the correct part, I been sent the wrong part by two different companies. 2) you can not access the third brake light by taking off the inside tailgate cover. There are three screw that need to be removed so you can remove the trim the light is in. There is a screw on each end of the trim you can access by swinging the tailgate open, and one screw just above the wiper. You will also need to remove the wiper arm. Knowing the problems that wiper arm can cause with the proper functioning of the tailgate; 3) I didn't get any response to my question. So this one is worth taking to the dealership.