removal of cooling fan from water pump

poom
0

Asked by poom Jan 10, 2007 at 08:45 PM about the 1995 Dodge Ram Van 3 Dr 3500 Cargo Van Extended

How do I remove the cooling fan from the water pump in a 1995 Dodge Ram Van 3500?

bovan
10,040

Hello poom-- From my experience this is fairly simple. You just remove the shroud and then unbolt the fan. Go to this link and you will find a good picture of it being done- http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/article.asp?article_id=60185. Good luck from Bovan.

DMain88
0

I know what your talking about because when you try to loosen the fan the whole pulley turns with the bolt. if it is the same as my ram pickup there is one large bolt holding the fan to the pump. To loosen put large vice grips on the 10 o clock side of the pulley after removing the belt.Then with 36 mm wrench on large bolt turn counter clockwise sharply and bolt should come free. If rusty spray a little penetrating lube 15 mins. prior to trying to turn bolt

Chris McGee
3,085

there is actually a holder u need to remove it on the waterpump pulley is 4 holes or four bolts remove two of them next to each other, the holder sits in the holes and you use a 36mm wrench to break loose in counter clockwise movement.... make sure it is opposite of which way the pulley turns.

Dan Connell
4,975

pull your fuel pump relay, get a large adjustable wrench, prop it against some thingstrong such as the inner fender, and tap the ignition over once. itll break loose and youll be good to go