How do I get to the fuel filter to change it?

jdad49
35

Asked by jdad49 Jun 16, 2011 at 07:42 AM about the 1995 Dodge Ram Van 3 Dr 3500 Maxi Cargo Van Extended

I just bought the van. It's an old handicapped van with a side lift, if this is any help.

jdad49
35

It's inside the gas tank.

Dan Connell
4,375

their is no true fuel filter, instead theres a small "sock" on the fuel pump inside the tank, usually its not a replaceable part seeing as its actually glued to the intake of the pump.

Allan Councill
20

There is a filter on the fuel pump and one mid-way on the right frame yes I said the right side of the van on the right side passenger side some are on the left side, I need to find out how to get the fuel line off the filter lol

jdad49
35

I appreciate all the input. I ended up buying a new unit and installed it in the gas tank. I have since sold the van.