1992 Dodge W250 4X4:

nochopapa
0

Asked by nochopapa May 06, 2012 at 03:17 PM about the 1992 Dodge RAM 250 2 Dr STD Standard Cab LB

I have no rear brakes, brake and ABS warning lights are on. I suspect the proportionaing valve. Seems the proportional valve is either a dealer itum or out of production.Question is there a posibility my problem could be the master cyclinder? If not where can I find an after market proportionaing valve.Is a wrecking yard my only option?

Dan Connell
6,165

your correct the proportioning valve is no longer available. you have two routes you could go, you could buy the entire braking system off of a second generation ram truck and make it work, which it will, or you could go to junk yards and try to acquire the part. before you go spending any crazy money, make sure that your rear brake cylinders are functioning, and that your rear shoes are correctly adjusted

nochopapa
0

thanks