windows and locks not working

RickyM
0

Asked by RickyM Feb 19, 2011 at 06:03 PM about the 1992 Ford Taurus L

My windows and locks...pretty much everything opperated by the buttons on the door stopped working suddenly. I rolled down the driverside window and when to work, and i left the window down. when i was leaving work, it wouldnt roll back up. the buttons wouldnt roll down any of the other windows either. i thought that it might have been just the buttons in that door not working, but when i tried to roll down the passenger side window with the button on the passenger door, that didnt work either, neither did the back windows with their respective doors. the power locks and the side mirror adjuster stopped working as well. i dont have a manual, so i dont have the fuse layout to figure out which fuse it is, but i found on oh here and the one that it said opperated the windows was fine. if i could get any information on this that would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Newkirk
35

You should check the rest of your fuses. If all of your fuses are fine, you will should take the door panel apart and check the wiring that goes to the buttons