the light on my radio stays on for awhile the goes out 2002 pt cruiser radio still works

meldean
0

Asked by meldean Mar 16, 2013 at 01:08 AM about the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited

the light on the radio only stays on for a short time, then goes out but radio still works, have had readio replaced and worked on but to no avail

judge_roy

the ground connection from negative to chassis is weak, from chassis to engine is weak, or from dashboard to chassis is weak....please make sure that these things are corrosion free---you'll find that after removing the corrosion everything will come back to normal-

Enterprise
10

Hello, I own a 2000 PT Cruiser exhibiting the same problem you describe. The problem is not the radio at all, it is your ignition key cylinder that you use to start your vehicle with. Next time your radio acts up, all you have to do to prove that the ignition switch cylinder is the problem, simply push the key into the cylinder, without turning the key; your radio light should come back on. I hope this helps you. God luck!

judge_roy

thanks cap'n...will register in the possibilities for the cruiser! god speed!

tommcmanis
2,805

This car is designed like this till key is removed and door opened.