Why wont my car heat up?

JasminNicole11803
10

Asked by JasminNicole11803 Feb 07, 2014 at 06:32 PM about the 1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Convertible

I have a 1995 Chrysler Lebaron. No
matter how long i drive or at what
speeds i drive my car dosent heat up
to a normal running temp. Along with
this problem joyfully comes no heat.  
I've replaced the thermostat in it
already. I'm not sure what else could
be wrong. Help?

30,375

Feel your heater hoses going to the heater core. If one is hot and the other is cold or Luke warm then your heater core is stopped up. If neither is hot then you have a cooling system issue. If both are hot then you have a blend door issue.

JasminNicole11803
10

If the heater core is stopped up how do i fix that?

30,375

You can try removing the hoses going to the core and flushing water thru the core both ways. You will see a lot of crud come out. When water flows freely both ways thru the core hook hoses back up and you should have good heat. I have had good luck un stopping them this way. Or you could just replace it with a new one. But do your home work first. Make sure that the issue you are having is definitely a stopped up core before going to all the trouble to replace it.

13,075

When you replaced the thermostat the new one should be rated at 195°F. HTH. -Jim

James Bridges
145

Removing /replacing the heater radiator on my 89 GTC was an utter nightmare... Read up on it, do it as a last resort. Try proprietary radiator flushing chemicals first, that might clear a silted up radiator, or yes, try flushing it in situ one way then the other.