Turbo/Supercharger

Ross Phillipps
35

Asked by Ross May 21, 2008 at 09:11 PM about the 1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Convertible

How much do decent universal turbos and/or supers cost? i have a 94 lebaron gtc convertible and 141 bhp isn't enough

Matt Gordon
75

i agree with what that wigger said, but there are a few people who have turbo'd and superchaged the 3.0L... ive seen an M90 eaton on a 3L running megasquirt, it hauled some decent ass

Matt Gordon
75

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1993-dodge-daytona-30-v6_145524.htm

Ross Phillipps
35

are those supers expensive? it sounded nice

Michael Cavalier
105

Your better off with a turbo. More power, period. You can custom fab yourself up a kit for 1-2 grand if you buy the turbo used and do all the work yourself. I dont know if they offer kits for the lebaron but if they offer a turbo kit and supercharger kit I would get turbo kit hands down, unless there was a huge price difference.

Michael Cavalier
105

Then your going to need to have it tuned. Thats gonna take a couple 100 dollars and some dyno runs, unless you datalog your runs then you can get a remote tuner. But I would recoomend dyno tunning.

Riley Hand
15

i wouldnt waste your time on a lebaron especially if it is your daily driver, because if you want it to be 100% reliable you need a full fuel system to compensate for boost, you need a manifold, a turbo, oil lines, intercooler and pipe, downpipe made into your exhaust, a blow off valve, depending on your turbo you might need a wastegate, you need a good form of a boost controller, a good form of tuning and more for it to be reliable and motor work doesnt hurt it only makes it stronger, and it all has to be non china and non ebay stuff.

Matt Gordon
75

if you really want your car to move, do basic bolt ons. theres plenty of potential with a 3.0L

Andrew Tietz
15

Turbonetics makes amazing turbochargers and they cost money, 2.5-3k$, you also need to factor in the Intercooler, installation, and all the gimmics I have the Regal GSX with a Supercharger, I like the supercharger more because it put's out alot of low-end power and takes off quick, they also has increased versatility since you're able to purchase multiple amounts of pulley sizes, mine came with a 3.8" pulley and i was only putting out 250HP, i swapped for a 2.25" pulley and putting out 315HP now, its a big increase, and supers only cost about 6-7 hundred$ Do alot more research, i'd recommend going to http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/3877/fi.html \ glad i could help, if this helps, get back to me

Andrew Tietz
15

I've got the Eaton M90 with a 2.4" Pulley, ported, it's nice, but i got a 3.8L, talk about hauling some decent ass....and getting only 11MPG on Premium, :-(