I have a 2007 Honda civic with 1.8L engine with front end noises. Where is it coming from?

Unhappyowner
0

Asked by Unhappyowner Nov 20, 2012 at 01:43 PM about the 2007 Honda Civic LX

I recently replaced my front struts because the right one was leaking, I replaced them with Gabieil
struts from AutoZone.  After a few days I heard a noise up front that is kind of a popping, groaning,
bumping sound.  I did an on line search and found that front strut mounts can make that noise.  So I
ordered some Moog strut mounts and installed those.  After about 70 miles I have the same noise.  It
does it on any surface that is not smooth as glass and I can make it happen by bouncing the front
end of the car.  Could it be bad struts?  This car only has 47,000 miles on it.

1,765

is the car lowered ?

Unhappyowner
0

no

joef
2,985

Probably not struts... Check your ball joints and tie rods!

Unhappyowner
0

Strange it didn't show up till I put the new struts on though and it did not do this before I put them on the first time.

joef
2,985

It is strange but allot of times, taking the struts out and moving the control arm down like that can make them show wear dramatically. If your suspension parts have grease fittings, grease everything and see if that helps with the noise.

Best Answer