how do i unlock my stereo????

michael83
0

Asked by michael83 Aug 02, 2007 at 11:27 PM about the 2006 Honda Civic EX

enter code

17,625

Only the dealership can do it. I think it's the most annoying safety feature there is. I'd rather it just got stolen. The dealership has to reset the code and give you a new one.

Chandler Patterson
145

u have to read through the owners manual and take the battery terminals off and the reattach after 20 or so minutes then replace and then turn the car on and put the code in again.

Shawn Stasko
35

There is a code in the owners manual and it comes on a card the size of a credit card. It is a code that can only be used 5 times and then it automatically needs a new one. if you haven't used it more than 5 times then just enter in the code and it will unlock. If not, then take it to the dealership to get a new code.

Chad Henk
65

Like the people before me said, its just a code. If you bought it used, there might be a code written on a sticker somewhere in the glove compartment. I have an S2000 and thats where mine was. My car gives you 9 tries to enter the right code before it locks up, at that point you have to disconnect the battery terminals for 60 seconds and try again. I didnt know you needed a new one after 5 times of use, but maybe its different in newer Hondas.

Joel Fallaise
225

If you've lost the card, you can get the serial number of the radio by turning the radio off, then hold preset buttons 1 and 6 then turn the radio on, it will say UXXXX LXXXX upper and lower, and 4 numbers give these to the dealership and they'll give you your code.