what would cause the radio to go to AM at night & the odometer switches from trip miles to total miles....result is i have to jump the battery to start in mornings...happens ~ 2 or 3 days a week

FreestarDon
0

Asked by FreestarDon Feb 11, 2010 at 03:19 PM about the 2006 Ford Freestar SE

bought it new...this also happened in my 2001 windstar...baffled & frustrated!....i turn off the radio and heater when i get home
from work (~ 6 or 7 pm)...next morning, the car barely turns over...not enough to start...and the radio is ON...

....the really peculiar aspects is this changes the radio setting from FM to AM and the speedometer changes from Trip to Total mileage...

...this started to be an occasional experience but has gotten to be more frequent...thank heavens for Home Depot's jumper battery!

...the problem with this condition is i cannot repeat it for the dealer...

Larry Quigley
4,510

Sounds a bad alternator or battery causing everything to reset. It could possibly be that the battery is somehow being disconnected. You might want to check your grounds to make sure they are solid.

yeagley81
0

Happens to our 2004 freestar all the time, we have replaced the battery 6 time and the alternator 3 times and still have issues and we cleaned the grounds