miles per gallon

Lewis Morgan
5

Asked by Lewis Aug 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM about the 2002 Ford Focus SE

Travis Hayes
45

average is over 30mpg if you drive it normal.

Justin Wagner
105

depends where u drive and how u drive it, you should get 32-34 mpg average, i recommend getting a tornado fuel saver from autozone or a auto parts store that shouyld boost it 1-2 mpg so you should average 35-36 and possibly 45-46 on the highway, my ford taurus gets 43 on the highway and thats a 6 cylinder, the tornado fuel saver helps alot.

Dale Fox
10

30-32 is bull. i had a 04 focus SE. i found my average in a local suburb area was about 22-25 depending on stop signs and how you go about yellow lights. On the highway I managed a 28-30. the bast way to find out yourself is to fill your tank...no top it off, just fill. reset your odometer, and drive till your gas light turns on. once thats done devide the amount by the gallon size of the tank (10 gallons) and you'll have a rough estimate of your fuel consumption per mile. note: if you take care of the car 30,000 mile oil changes, good tires, set tire pressure, clean air filter and so on; you'll get a better mileage. hope this helps

Trevor Quinton
65

it also depends on what engine you have if you have the se with a zetec you have a 16 valve wich has better breathing so you will be getting better gas mileage. i have an lx 8 valve and it gets brutal gas mileage roughly 18-20 city 23-26 highway

Melissa Sama
55

You can over 30mpg easy, if you're not rompin on it. I work for ford. I have people getting 36.. and i have kids getting 24... all depends on how and where your driving... as in all vehicles.

John Thompson
5

As others have already said depends a lot on which engine and how your drive it. I've got a 2003 2.0l Zetec, drive it hard and I've had as little as 20mpg (though a lot of fun!), being more sensible, i.e. no hard acceleration, making sure the tyres are inflated correctly, or slightly overinflated, don't stick a ton of junk in the back and don't go over about 65mph on the motorway and you can get 35+ mpg. My best run, not in a hurry and with the wife with me so I didn't fling it around I got just short of 40mpg.

Jon Riemenschneider
35

cold air, plus dual out let tuned costume bent exhaust by me and a friend and programmer still get 27 mpg 90 % hard driving.