how to change front and rear spark plugs on a ford 500

pwrdrvr69
0

Asked by pwrdrvr69 Mar 07, 2010 at 02:14 PM about the 2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited

I cant find the location of the spark plugs or wires on my 2006 ford 500 car

Larry Quigley
4,520

The front three are in the center of the valve cover under the three round coils. The rear three are in the same place on the backside of the engine but the upper intake manifold must be removed to access them.

PAH
50

This is true. You have to remove the manifold, lots of wires and hoses, and the brace that goes across the top of the firewall. You need a 24MM socket to remove the brace. It is the easiest part of the job. Takes lots of time. Good luck. Shame on the man who designed this!

Kelvin
40

The front three took less than 15 minutes for change. I pissed around trying to take off that manifold for an hour before deciding doing it myself could very easily end up being pound foolish decision. I put it all back together and booked an appointment at the garage.