replace dash lights

vwjw1969
0

Asked by vwjw1969 Mar 05, 2014 at 03:08 PM about the 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 4WD

The right hand off the dash board light is out.   Is this a do it yourself or a service tech
required job.   What you cost be to have this issue fixed?

usedcarslv
185

Its better buy a used working Cluster check online or eBay about 100$ and its easy to change. I open before Cluster but I did not find lights for it. And I buy use one.

OJ
3,750

The cluster has to come out. There are no more individual pop in individual bulbs connected to individual wires behind the dash. Once the cluster is out, remove the back of the cluster. You'll see the individual lights which are replaceable from any autoparts store. Replace them all when you have the thing out, and do not purchase the cheapest bulbs at the store.

8,995

If the steering column is in your way, you do not need to remove it. 4 bolts hold the column in place. You can remove the 2 nearest yo and loosen the back 2 and tilt the whole column down. An experienced tech should be able to do the job within 1 hour - give or take a little.

OJ
3,750

Check out a used cluster closely. Make sure one is purchased from a reputable company that does that sort of work. I repaired the cluster on my 99 explorer where a two buck plastic gear broke. What a job it was to recalibrate the speedometer manually.