I hate automatics .... is a manual stickshift available ?

daftdave
25

Asked by daftdave Oct 09, 2007 at 12:51 AM about the 2003 Ford Explorer Limited V8 4WD

23,595

Yes, they were available with a manual transmission, although I don't know how many were sold that way. If you look for it, you can probably find one.

Indy Little
75

The manual transmission option is only available in V-6 equipped TWO-door models, not four-door. I had the same question & really wanted a manual transmission. Sadly, Ford does not make a 4-door, manual transmission equipped Explorer not matter the engine option.

Ty Elliott
585

2001-2005 exploder models can actually swap auto tranny with a manual! just unbolt the auto and bolt the manual up, you'll have to cut a hole in the floor for your shifter.. you might need a bit of help but it can be done! Thanks for playing

Cole Scott
45

there is alot more to it. finding a clutch and flywheel, installing the new pedal linkages, installing all the hydraulic lines and the clutch master and slave cylinders, and a new ecu. not just bolting up a new transmission.

tarmac
0

I have a 98 4 door 5 speed manual tranny explorer. Love it, beats the heck outta automatics.

David Minck
115

Why would U even want to do that, U have a good drivetrain the 5r55e transmission really isnt that bad. Ive done alot of conversions and really pretty much anything is possible but lets get practicle for a second ::::: Save your cash for these repairs, if not already done ;:::::REAR AXLE SEALS,REAR DIFF CLUTCHS ,BEARINGS AND REAR WHEEL BEARINGS, FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS, SHIFT LOCK INTERLOCK SWITCH ,AND SOO SOOOO ON.yES THESE ARE ALL PROBLEMS WITH THIS VEHICLE. Good luck Bro.

Exploder
0

sorry but who ever said they dont make Sticks in 4 doors r full of chit i have a ford explorer 4 door 5 with hatch that has the org 5 speed runs great!! its a 93 with 56,000 org miles wouldnt ever sell it