4wd will not engage or do anything

sjhill
10

Asked by sjhill Feb 01, 2010 at 07:16 PM about the 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD

Mike Bonnell
5,635

Make sure all fuses are good. Does the dash switch indicator light up or are all lights dead. If all lights are dead then it sounds like a transfer case control module is dead. Dealer will need to install it as it has to be programmed to the vehicle VIN.

sjhill
10

No lights are showing up. WHere is this module located. Thanks

Mike Bonnell
5,635

If I am looking at this diagram correctly it is in located on the pillar between the front and rear doors Drivers side

LilDarlin928
20

I have a 1997 xlt expedition,and my 4WD wont engage at all either,but yet light comes on for it in dash saying it is on,so not sure what the problem is

papa

eather the switch is bad or the motor on back of transfer case is bad,this engages the 4x4,or the splines in hub assem,is striped.dont know what the hell the other guy posted in that digaram.