Cruise Control

jujubean15
0

Asked by jujubean15 Feb 06, 2013 at 03:52 PM about the 2003 Ford Expedition XLT

Hello. I changed my power brake booster on my 2003 ford expedition XLT 4.6L and now my cruise control is not working. Any suggestions on how I can get this back working. When I had the old Brake Booster on with the hissing sound, it was working fine.

judge_roy

There is/was a sensor on the brakes to tell whether or not they are being pressed. This sensor is dis-connected. Have never actually seen and is just speculation but would logically explain the behavior of your braking/cruise control (which has it's eyes/ears out there to 'switch it OFF, switch it OFF) do you don't accidentally run over the little kid...

judge_roy

that hissing sound was a vacuum leak happening. Good thing you switch 'er out without one with the vacuum leak! I'd have to dig deeper If I were to investigate further, but like I'm sayin' Cruise Control has sensors, one of them being the brake pedal, which seems to think the brakes are being applied. It's up to you to figure out how this is happening. couldn't possibly be something as simple as a reed switch. could it?

61,065

Your cruise control may have a vacuum motor. Look for a vacuum line and if so, make sure it's hooked up to a vacuum source.

elvisman4
910

sound like when changing the brake booster you could have left cruise switch on brake pedal bracket off or have the switch missadjusted, try adjusting the switch closer to brake pedal if wiring coonector is connected