How to change rear shocks 1995 ford crown vic

Russell Redmon
0

Asked by Russell Nov 17, 2012 at 02:01 PM about the 1995 Ford Crown Victoria 4 Dr LX Sedan

Michael Tutty
4,365

Undo the bolts at the top and bottom of the shock and it will just about fall out. If the bolts are really rusted, best bet is to cut them out with a torch. To install, put the new one in place, and put in the new bolts, making sure they are class 8. Always leave the weight of the car on the springs, though, as the springs can fall out if the axle drops too far. I always use the Ford replacement gas shocks, too. They are inexpensive and very good. They are calibrated for the Ford springs, too.

CrustyOldDog
10

I don't think you can beat the KYB 4 valve shocks. They will give you a ride quality far better than original equipment. I find they work especially well on larger vehicles like vans and trucks, and of course a full frame vehicle like the Crown Vic.