2003 silverado front speakers won't work

69camaro
0

Asked by 69camaro Mar 22, 2010 at 07:10 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4 Dr LS 4WD Extended Cab SB

Recently the driver side front speaker did not work only appeard to have the tweeter working when faded to the front and driver side. Then it started to work for about 2 days. Then today both front speakers stoped working. Is there a fuseable link for these speakers or is it the radio. Note: same with ED or Radio.

juniosex
140

I have the same problem on my 2007 silverado,but only ones working on mine ar pillar post speakers .I had same problem on a 2007 classic .COULD SOMEONE HELP?

tankwalk
150

i have a 03 2500hd and both of my front main speakers don't work about 80% of the time and somtimes while im driving they will just start working. i would like to think its the stereo but when the truck is off and i have to keys in the ignition and open the doors you can bearly hear it but you can hear the dinging yet. this is driving me crazy that i can't figure it out. please help.

Michael McGrail
4,985

I am assuming you have the BOSE sound system? Tweeters are powered by the radio and the main speakers are powered by the BOSE amp. Possible the amp failing?

Michael McGrail
4,985

I also found an official recall bulletin on a 'low speaker output' issue: Condition/Concern: Some trucks and utilities equipped with RPO UQ7 without Y91 may have low audio output from the speakers. There have been cases of the radio connector C1 getting plugged into the female end of C220, and the male end of C220 getting plugged into the radio. The male end of connectors C220 and the radio connector C1 are the same. Recommendation/Instructions: To help confirm that the radio C1 and C220 connectors are reversed, remove the 30 amp "Radio Amp" fuse from the UBEC. With the fuse removed turn ignition on and operate radio, if there is audio from the speakers the connectors are reversed. To correct the concern switch the connectors back to there correct location. Note: C220 is located behind the radio/HVAC controls. Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

tankwalk
150

I don't have the Bose system and don't get audio when I take the fuse out.

Michael McGrail
4,985

Are the speakers good? Have you tried replacing them with new ones? They are 9 years old.

tankwalk
150

I haven't tried changing them yet. Gunna check the wires tomorrow because sometimes they kick in and work just fine and when they go out its at the same time. Same when the come on

Kolton Mckenzie
70

im having similar issues with my 2000 silverado and mine is aftermarket radio, and no sound come out anywhere except my sub.. any input would be great

Kyle Darin
10

I am having same exact issue works maybe once a month I have everything apart outside and can't figure it out