Why won't my truck shift into over drive

Aronj25
0

Asked by Aronj25 Sep 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2 Dr LS Standard Cab LB

It will switch through all three of the other gears just fine but it will not shift into overdrive.  I have replaced both  
solinoids, filter, fluid, and gasket. Not sure what else it could be

Rubie
695

Might be the linkage.

12,875

Does the truck have tow haul? Also could be the tcc switch. The only person who would think it was the linkage is the same person who needs help adding oil at the gas station. If it was the linkage then the truck wouldn't go into any of the other spots properly. N would be overdrive R would be neutral and P would be reverse and the truck wouldn't have park rolling down any slight grade it was parked on.

68,365

Also could be a bad overdrive band internal to the transmission.

Goodwrench707
1,825

How do you know it's not shifting into overdrive? Or, what is the vehicle doing to make you suspect this?

Goodwrench707
1,825

Your vehicle has a 4 speed transmission. After 3 shifts, you would be in 4th gear, which is overdrive.

crazydriverz
20

My truck is doing the same thing on the highway. However after twenty mins of driving it will final go into fourth gear. Sometimes it kicks in and out of fourth gear too. geezz expensive repairs.