check engine light staying

dmorin29
0

Asked by dmorin29 Mar 07, 2012 at 03:36 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Short Bed 4WD

dmorin29 answered about a second ago

i have a 2004 silverado and the check engine light came on went to autozone and they scanned it came up o2 sensor replaced it.but service engine light still on diconnected the battery for an hour and light is still on autozone said they will not take code out any ideas how to get the light off?

Larry Quigley
4,510

Disconnecting the battery should have cleared the code. Either there is something else wrong or you might have replaced the wrong oxygen sensor. You could spend money on a code scanner to clear it off but more than likely it will come back.