Back door staying locked

LJ444
0

Asked by LJ444 Jan 01, 2008 at 01:21 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 4WD

I have an '04 Chevy silverado crew cab. When I unlock the doors with my remote, or even use the switch on the driver's door to unlock the doors, the back doors always stay locked and I have to reach over the seat and physically pull the lock on the back doors to unlock them. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this problem?

24,995

Just a thought, but check that your child safety locks are not engaged. They will be a small switch on the door side of the doorjamb near the latch assembly. Other than that, it sounds like perhaps your problem lies in the door lock solenoids.

LJ444
0

Ok, tried the child safety locks. Nothing. Guess I'll have to look up some information on door lock solenoids. Thanks for the help.

ryanj
365

do you have the air bag cancel locked out?

LJ444
0

Is that done on the multiple function buttons on the steering wheel?