I am getting a misfire code on 1 and 2 cyl.

gmclocklin
0

Asked by gmclocklin Oct 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Short Bed 2WD

I have replaced the cap,button, wires, plugs, injectors (the whole spider), both top O2 censors and a couple other items I can't remember what they are called one on the side of the dist, the other was vac related. 4.3 V6

Tom Torres
1,425

do u actually feel the misfire?

gmclocklin
0

barley at idle. it smooths out over 3-4k rpm.

12,755

Compression test?

Tom Torres
1,425

id check compression on these cylinders and at least one good cylinder and compare the two

12,755

My cousins neon has a dead cylinder #1 it only has 30-35 psi wet or dry doesn't matter. It smooths out around 2500.

4,735

yes, a dead cylinder or multiple will smooth out with more rpms. The more cylinders the less you notice a miss and easier it will be covered up by reving. Buddy of mine has a honda with 2 and 4 missing, cant feel much at 4000. Idle is horrible tho... Have a compression test done dry then wet and post results. Have a feeling this will tell you your problem.

gmclocklin
0

Cyl 1 & 2 have plenty of compression, 160 psi with very little differance between the two. I reset the spark plug gap, .040, I saw on another sight some one with the same problem found the gear on his distributor was worn and it cleared up after replacing it.

12,755

The gear is usually just pot metal so that is understandable. Make sure you have a timing light and unplug the electronic adjustment to set the new one correctly.

gmclocklin
0

Will do thanks for the info.