Check Engine Light. Transmission Solenoid and O2 Sensor.

gj777
0

Asked by gj777 Nov 21, 2012 at 01:40 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3 Dr STD 4WD Extended Cab SB

Auto store scan said my 75 year old father in law needed 1-2 Shift Solenoid and O2 Downstream Sensor for 94 Chevy Silverado. Truck runs and shifts fine, but he cannot get it to pass inspection. He replaced both transmission Solenoids and O2 Sensor. Light went off then came back on and says Autostore scan says he still needs the above and now the Cat Convertor too!  Please help we are going broke trying to fix my father laws only means of transportation. Thanks

14,855

Autozone doesn't have a scanner that can scan into the trans codes unless an employee decided to bring his $1500 scanner to work. Get the code number and post it on here. PXXXX the four X's will be replaced with numbers.

Kyle Norris
0

I went to 2 auto zones and got trans codes. P0753

14,855

On a newer vehicle yes. Not on a 94 Silverado.

14,855

No idea why I put it would be a for digit code, it would have been a two digit code