2001 Monte Carlo SS Interior lights not working

Zionian7
10

Asked by Zionian7 Feb 04, 2013 at 01:01 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS

I have a 2001 Monte Carlo SS and just recently had a problem with my interior lights. When the lights switch to nighttime, the dash lights, radio lights, PRNDL321 lights, and door lights do not come on. However, a few times, I was driving the car at night and they decided to work again, but then went out after I started the car up a few days after both of these times. My headlights go on fine like they are supposed to and the lights on my rearview mirror and overhead light works fine. It is just all the other lights at night. I am wondering if it is just a fuse that needs to be replaced or some wiring or what? Your input is very much appreciated. Thank you!

7jimmy7
13,255

the control unit that has to do with the timed self shutoff of interior lighting is a possible

Zionian7
10

is that something that is an easy fix or needs to be replaced, or where can I find that?

7jimmy7
13,255

usally under dash somewhere ,replace unit not costly, exact location ?

62,595

Jimmy has it right. The control unit is called the Body Control Module (BCM) on the Grand Am's - should be the same on the Monte. It is located under/behind the glove box. Look for a metal box with three or four electrical connectors. On my car, it slides out of a bracket,

Zionian7
10

Ok, I will check it out. Thank you!