What does the dash light mean"Maintenance Required?

larryb14
0

Asked by larryb14 Jul 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM about the 2006 Toyota Camry LE

I just bought a Car yesterday and the dash light came on today saying Maintenance Required. There is no manual with the car.  What can I check?

Stephen Moran
675

Some cars have two lights, a CEL or "check engine light" and a "Maintenance Required" light. If the CEL comes on, that means you need to check the ECU for the code it's giving you. However, a Maintenance Required light is a light that comes on after a set amount of miles. It's there to remind you every so often to check and change things like your oil and such. It can usually be reset, which will turn it off until the car has recorded that set amount of miles again. There should be a button in your car to reset it, although it might not be in plain sight. You'll have to look for it. Be sure to check your fluids and such though, and have them changed if they need it!

mls4deals
695

HI...Soometimes the tech who change your oil or services your call will forget to reset it. All you need to do is turn key off (or button if newer). Then hold in toggle knob you use to change odo to tripometers while you turn key to "on" position but dont start (or, hold start button down) about 20 seconds while depressing the toggle for odo/tripometer. This will reset your light and sensor until next maintainance is required. Sincerely, mls4deals

ddliggett
590

On my 2010 Corolla, my maintenance reqd light came on and to reset it I pushed the toggle knob in (on the ODO) for 20 seconds while the key was turned off. I then turned the key over (not starting the car) and the maintenance light was flashing. I kept the toggle knob pressed in until the light stopped flashing. That is all there is to it. I hope this helps! Please Note: I am a little ol woman and I did it!!

slocke16
60

The advice above totally worked! Thanks!

Madeline Humphreys
20

Thanks for the info...no book and didnt know...this is great help!

hershey
20

Thank you all for the advice. Will try it tonight when I get off work. God Bless

minnow66
0

Mis4deals advice worked. Thanks for posting.