1995 t-bird wont start. Injectors

Jacob Conrad
30

Asked by Jacob May 10, 2011 at 06:49 PM about the 1995 Ford Thunderbird LX

Hello all,
I need to fix my car by the end of the week cause its prom..
My t-bird will turn over all day but no attempt to start with out starting fluid or gas in intake. Injectors have like 11.8v going to them My battery dont hold a charge i think thats why its low, I have rpms when turning over, I replaced cam sensor, It has correct psi at fuel rail, I got spark, Replace pcm, and eca, Both did not help. I Even cleaned the ground wire at battery terminal hook ups. Im lost, tiered of spending money i dont have and want to get outa my house, Someboddy pleeeeaaase help.

Jacob Conrad
30

Oh yeah and it has 4.6l in it

papa

bad fuel pump,check ECM fuse,make sure it is not blown.sounds like it needs a alt if battery wont charge or the battery is dead from trying to crank it.

Jacob Conrad
30

Where is the ecm fuse? Is it a black box like 3inx3inx1in? Or is one of your regular fuses? And my batterys mainly dead from cranking. And fuel pump is good i got 43 in fuel rail.

papa

ECM is a regular fuse,but if you here the FP humming,its good (ECM)

papa

this may sound dumb,but check the harmonic balancer for a crack.I got 3 T Bird super coupes,1 would not start,this was the problem.

Jacob Conrad
30

WHAT IS THE FP, AND WHERE IS ECM IS IT LOCATED BEHIND PASSENGER HEADLIGHT IF SO I REPLACED 3 TIMES AND I CAN HEAR IT CLICK.

papa

fuel pump,ecm fuse is in fuse box.

Jacob Conrad
30

What numbers are on the fuse? If you know.

papa

on the cover they are numbered and tell you which is what.

Jacob Conrad
30

Well I replaced and nothing.

papa

as posted above,if you here the FP humming,ecm fuse is good.did u check the HB as posted.

Jacob Conrad
30

yes nothing

Jeff Leeper

do you have fuel at the rail? find the schrader valve on the fuel rail (looks like where you put air in a tire most likely on the passenger side fuel rail.) press it in with a screwdriver while holding a rag over top of it. You want the rag because if there is pressure, it will spray gas.

Jeff Leeper

Pull the vacuum line off the pressure regulator and see if it is wet. Were you checking fuel pressure with the key in the ignition and in the accessory position, or did you test it when it had been sitting for a while?

Schmidty
0

Jacob. Did you ever get your 4.6 running? I sure could use your test results and input. Write me at talktoschmidty@yahoo.com