1988 corvette car in fair condition blown head gasket

Machorn
0

Asked by Machorn Jun 23, 2012 at 09:22 AM about the 1988 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Blown Head Gasket, Leaking into cylinder, smoking out of exhaust.. What would a car be worth?

30,435

Depends a lot on the total condition of the car. Such as interior, dents, dings, miles and if all original parts are still on the car. Sure without blown head gasket it would be worth more but that not to hard a fix for the average weekend mech. I would not deduct over about $500 for that issue. Best to see what others of same year and shape are selling for in your area to get you in ball park with yours. Hope this helps

Rucko
2,275

why not just fix it, get a pair of edelbrock aluminum heads for around 1300 bucks and just bolt them right on. a head job for that car would cost around 1500 - 2000 dollars if you send it out .

Jack Head
175

Fair condition with a blown head gasket in my area would only be worth $2500-$3000. They made a lot of C4 Corvettes so the market is full of them, sadly they are not that collectable at this time and they are at their rock bottom in value. Honestly I wouldn't pay much more than $2000 with the issues and the fair condition.