87 vet tach lights not working

ernknee
0

Asked by ernknee Apr 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM about the 1987 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

tach works but back lighting is not,I can only see tach when sun light  hits it?

82,595

http://batee.com/

califcarson
2,975

Your lights may be burned out. Check the wiring to the tachometer and assure a solid connection. If all the other lights are working, you have power to the wire splice where it splits off the main power line. If all the dash lights are out, check the dimmer switch, fuse, and if you have power to your instrument panel. Good luck and have fun pulling the tach.

Denis Sagendorf
355

LEARN TO SHIFT BY THE SOUND OF THE GEARS, OR HOLD A SMALL FLASHLIGHT IN YOUR MOUTH!! JUST KIDDING. LIKE CALIFCARSON SAID, CHECK CONNECTIONS, FUSE, ETC, ETC. MY ADVICE ALWAYS LOOK AT THE SIMPLEST, STUPIDEST THING FIRST, IT'S USUALLY THERE!!

califcarson
2,975

Oh I just thought of something, is it a "SUN" tach?

Denis Sagendorf
355

AND ON SECOND THOUGHT IF YOU LIVE IN WARM, SUNNY AREA. CUT THE TOP OFF AND MAKE IT A CONVERTIBLE. THEN YOU WILL ONLY NEED THAT FLASHLIGHT AT NIGHT!!!! YO CALIFCARSON; I CAN BE A SMART ASS TOO!! LOL IT'S ALL IN FUN!!!

CJ Michaels
655

my cousin has a corvette and SWEARS by the site that Tom posted, did it side by side with the guy

califcarson
2,975

CJ, the site looks great. I guess I'm behind the times with my 69 Vette. Wow $20.00 to repair the lights. Great site. It cost me $250 to get my speedometer rebuilt like new. When they had the cluster out, I had all the bulbs replaced. works great, and I can see in the night.