1986 corvette radio and lights problem.

chebellamachina
0

Asked by chebellamachina May 06, 2013 at 06:23 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I was driving my vette last night while listening to music and all of the sudden my headlights and radio shut off. This car has some funky wiring from the moron that I bought it from so wires are cut and gismos were added. The interior and exterior lights don't work; however the turn signals and the rear lights do work. I checked my fuses and they were all good. Could it be a relay switch or exposed wires touching each other? I am bummed.

65,645

I would be bummed too. I'll take it off your hands if you want to give it away. If you want to battle the demon electrical system, start out by insulating and isolating any open conductors with tape. Find a shop manual and/or schematics and replace/restore the various circuits to the original condition. Use TFFN type wire where the conductors are exposed to gas and oil.

chebellamachina
0

I will eventually sell it someday, but for now I'd like to have some fun with it. Thanks for the tip! I will try to clean up some of the wiring if I can.

Denis Sagendorf
385

GO TO THE LIBRARY THEY HAVE CHILTON AUTO BOOKS., {CAN'T TAKE OUT} THESE CHILTON'S WILL HAVE SPECS, AND SCHEMATICS. GOOD LUCK!!!!