I have a 86 corvette after driving for 3/4 of a mile it will want to shut of but I can keep it running by giving it some throttle

curts86vette
75

Asked by curts86vette Apr 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM about the 1986 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I've replaced the wires ,the fuel pump ,the module the cap,rotor,plugs,fuel filter. If i turn it of and start it back up it will run for another 100 ft and start acting up again. It's early 86
Can anyone tell me anything left that could be wrong

Tim Lee
15

Most likely a wiring issue. What does fuel pressure do? If it is dropping before the car acts up, the wiring or relay for the fuel pump is bad.

curts86vette
75

if it were a wiring issue I wouldn't be able to feather the peddle and keep it running it does have a new fuel pump relay also ,do you think maybe the fuel regulator,or might as well replace it cause it's the only thing I haven't?

Denis Sagendorf
355

IF YOUR VETTE HAS FUEL INJECTION FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR COULD BE THE PROBLEM. YOU GIVE IT THROTTLE AND IT DOESN'T DIE, MY GUESS IS THE FUEL REGULATOR IS NOT CALLING FOR ENOUGH PSI. YOUR GETTING THE OPPOSITE OF FLOODING. AND YES I COULD BE WRONG. GOOD LUCK

cattlecop
0

I have had te same problem and I bypassed the vats systemI* also I noticed that the voltage dropped below 11 volts and that caused the fuel pump to shut down