what is normal coolant tempeture.while driving?

iron_horse
55

Asked by iron_horse Feb 18, 2007 at 12:42 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

my 1986 covette has always ran hot,i need to know ,what can i do to solve this problem,do 1986 vettes always run so hot  because of poor design?im sure i need a 160 degree thermostat but will this cure the problem?thnks for your time,
larry
lcoldiron123@yahoo.com

10,945

Hello, I believe the 1986 Corvettes did tend to run a bit hotter than average. Here is some information on them: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40453 Best of luck! CarGrrl

iron_horse
55

normal running temps 200-225 for c-4 vettes

Anonymous
0

I just got mine and it does run hot but the cooling fan doesn't kick on till 238 degrees or the a/c is on per spec. I got a manual for mine for less than $20 and it explains the sequence of operation of the relay, fan etc very well. I upgraded my cooling fan relay located just above the battery and I suggest that would be the first thing to check