86 vette...proper way to adjust the valves....

STUMMPY47
5

Asked by STUMMPY47 Aug 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM about the 1986 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

86 vette....I have that high plenum. trying to get car back on road. put new heads on engine when I start car there is a popping sound I think I have the valves too tight or loose. also right behind the throttle position sensor there is a nipple that sticks out Is it air or water. the vaccums that run under the plenum, what would be there correct routing. a diagram or pic of that info would help 100%.  thanks

Fordtudor37
3,215

You need to sit down in front of the computer and spend time on the Corvette websites. There is so much online for the Corvettes that all your answers will be addressed somewhere there online. If you have popping sounds, my first thought would be "Did you put the distributor back in correctly per the firing order ?" It sounds like you are out of firing order so recheck it. Then search the Corvette websites and also look at www.Chiltons.com before you go any further.