What is dry gas ?

RockerPaul
10

Asked by RockerPaul Nov 21, 2012 at 09:24 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

What is dry gas ,is this a old gas additive for moisture ?  I got a friends 85 Corvette running, but temp rising over 215*.  Otherwize sounds good. His car has not been driven in over two years. I guess it was running one year ago.  You have been really helpful thanks.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

45,595

Yes, Dry Gas is a brand name and it mixes alcohol with the water. The mixture burns instead of sputtering. It also keeps water in the fuel line from freezing. With the use of ethanol in the gas, I would guess that products like Dry Gas are less popular. Products like Sta-Bil are now commonly used to keep fuel fresh.

Denis Sagendorf
325

WET GAS, IS GAS THAT HAS BEEN CONTAMINATED, COMPROMISED BY ANY FLUID. YOU USUALLY HEAR THIS IN REGARDS TO BRAKE FLUD BEING WET. IT WOULD BE EASIER JUST TO PUT A NITROUS KIT ON IT.