What to be careful of when buying a used 1985 corvette?

daled_57
0

Asked by daled_57 Nov 30, 2006 at 04:08 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Saw a used corvette in my area online. Not sure if it's a typo, 1985 manual, with 60k miles. What are problem areas? What should I look out for when evaluating this car?

17,645

There are a few problem areas with '85 corvette but nothing too substantial. Here are some of the reported problem areas: - Paint (Some owners have complained that the paint chips or flakes easily) - Reports of bad rear suspension due to a poorly setup rear axle - Occasional electronic failures have also been reported so be sure to give the electrical system a look. Prices for the '85 Corvette go from between $1000 - $10000 and above. It really depends on the condition and model of the car. A good place to look and get a general idea of prices would be ebay motors. Just search the 1985 Corvette and check to see what the current market trends are. Hope that helped!