Same question about Digital dash on 84 vette.the dash will sometimes light up but it then it looks like it it going through a program.I had one person respond and he said check the dimmer. I am not an idiot.I truely want some good advice.do I need to take the panel loose and check connections ? If so how complicated of a job is it?

Stringer
40

Asked by Stringer Jun 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

judge_roy

wirebrush the end of the 1/0 black battery cable as it attaches to the frame and ground....assure that your battery is a NEW one~ the thing will work properly once it has reliable ground and solid voltage~

Oldminer
20

I have a zero model year C4, show room quality machine, but I have problems with the dash going out too. As near as I can tell it was actually built in Sept. of '82. I might need to sell it soon so I really wanted to address this electrical problem. I actually got the schematic for the dash and ohm tested each componett. all was within specs.

judge_roy

Oldminer....if you were able to "bench test" it you'd find the ground circuit faulty...re-establish the ground~...