The 81 corvette that I recently purchased has a raised cowling on the hood and vents on each side.

LeRoy1706
45

Asked by LeRoy1706 Oct 14, 2007 at 11:13 AM about the 1981 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

It also has louvered vents on each front fender above the tires. I have not seen them on other pictures of 81 corvettes. I was told it is a Daytona Package by the previous owner. Is this an after manufacture add-on? Any comments or info. would be appreciated.  Photo can be seen in My Garage at LeRoy1706.  

Krez
345

Yes this is most likely a aftermarket add-on. But you could possibly have a Greenwood built car. Ecklers did manufacture a aftermarket body kit also. http://www.greenwoodcorvettes.com/StreetDaytona.html

califcarson
2,955

It is not stock or a factory add on. It may be an after market addition or custom rebuild to resemble a raceing car. Is everything stock? Motor and trans? Are there flares on the fenders or tires oversize?