How can I open the hood?

Escortcar
0

Asked by Escortcar Apr 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM about the 1979 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

1979 Corvette. The hood latch on the passenger side wont release, any idea how to get it to release without any
further damage?

45,605

One person pulls on the hood release as one person presses down on the passenger side of the hood.

nosmo
1,495

get a screw driver stick it in a hole and pull the latch. Macke sure your using a flat head.

45,605

Here ya go - I found a special tool - $20 --- http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corvette-hood-opening-tool-1984- 1996.html

califcarson
2,055

Way to go "tenspeed" My 569 Vette twice had the hood opening cable/wire break. Chevy has a special tool that will open it without causing any damage or nicks and scrapes. "Nosmo", what hole do you stick it in? Depending on the "hole" I'd prefer a Phillips.

rockets57
115

Got a 79 Vette (can't give it away) the release cable is hanging up maybe look at that

10ecvette
0

I am sure you have solved the problem by now. However, for others with the same issue there are holes (with rubber plug) located beneath the wiper cover behind each latch. You can access the release through these holes.