where can I find the timing belt.

donna
0

Asked by donna Nov 26, 2006 at 02:47 PM about the 1979 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

where can I find the coil pack.

12,525

Hello I am trying to find an answer to your question. What car are you looking for this info for? Thanks! CarGrrl

acmexx
115

the vette has a timing chain behind the waterpump. The front eend of the motor must be removed to change the chain. Buy a double roller chain. not hard but time consuming to fix acmexman

Autoguy
105

the belt should be near the water pump

18TandSVT
3,825

Are you looking for the coil pack or the timing belt? The timing chain is behind the oval shaped timing chain cover on the front of the 350. As far as the coil pack goes...a 1979 350 would be using a distributer I would think.

28,385

GM vehicles since the mid-1970s used a High Energy Ignition. The coil pack is located on top of the distributor cap and is held in place by a few small screws. They are known to go bad over time as the wires leading into them are somewhat fragile. A new one is cheap enough at around $25.

crazzy450r
635

a chevy small block has no timming belt , only timming chain, loc,behind waterpump and drive pully behind timmingchain pan.as for coil it allso has none , well sorta... it has h.e.i coil is built into your distributer .good luck