the value of a 1975 corvette stingray ???

Asked by lindag May 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I just got this 1975 corvette in my divorce.  I need to sale it but don't know the value.  4 spped 350 small block.  good runner and looker. interiot a little rough.  can anyone help???

Matt Hill

Hard to say without looking at it but the price range of those can vary from 4000$ to 14000$ and sometimes more. Being a manual should bring a little more money but with the interior being in bad shape its going to hurt it a fair amount. If its a numbers matching car Id say you would be lucky to get 8000$ depending on what kind of shape the paint is in, how it shifts and runs. If the paint is in good shape and it runs and shifts smooth with the only negative being interior you could probably get 7000$ out of it maybe more depending on how good/bad the interior is.

Best Answer

Thanks Matt. The transmission was rebuilt recently, it's the factory borg warner. Shifts smoothly. On a scale of one to ten the interior would be a four and the paint a seven. I just found out that my ex paid eleven thousand for this corvette !! I have it for sale at a friends car lot and he tells me he has only had offers of five on it. I'm thinking of bringing it home and learning to drive a maual so I can drive it myself. I would rather keep it than to take such a big loss. What do you think ??

Matt Hill

From what it sounds Its worth a solid 7 or 8 thousand to the right person. I have a 75 and the interior is an 8-9 out of ten and the paint is an 8. Its an auto and numbers matching with less than 50,000 miles on it and I only paid 8 for it. It takes a lot for an older corvette to like that to be worth less than 6 or 7 but they arent worth a fortune either. I do think you would enjoy keeping it as they are a lot of fun to drive.

Thanks so much Matt. I have placed it on craigs list for ten thousand, I know I probably won't get that so in the interim I am taking lessons on how to drive a stick. So when it doesn't sell I will be ready to have some fun !! Thanks again, Linda

Matt Hill

Good luck driving stick, I think its a lot more fun to drive a car that is stick than an auto. Heck thats probably part of the reason I dont drive mine more often because its not manual.

Thanks I need the luck ! You wanna trade ha,ha. Did I tell you it has 300hp?

The 75 model Corvette aren't appreciating in value as fast as many may have expected. There were a lot of them built and there are a lot of them out there still. An ugly 76' (Brown paint/Red interrior) sold on E-bay for 20k only because it had 300 miles on it and had been mothballed for its entire life. Probably because it was too ugly to be seen in. I would put your car at 5k to 7k. Linda, its all about intrinsic value. What ever anyone is willing to give you for it. Right now, times are tough and everyone is selling because they need money. This year I bought a Corvette and a Porsche for 6k, for both! This all figures into the equasion. Good luck!

Jerome Stcharles

Its all what ppl are willing to pay for an old vette

Jerome Stcharles

4 speeds are more fun too

Remember right now there is a flood of used Corvettes out there. Most are ones that have been driven, cared for and look nearly new. They are being sold because there is an exciting new Corvette out there that has everyone wanting it. Your year quite honestly was a smoged generation Corvette, very low horse power, lousy mileage, and not the best looking Corvette made. What your saying people are willing to pay for it may be the best offer. If you paint it, fix the interior, get it running correctly, you will realize only 40% of the money you out into it. Sounds like you got rid of one loser at a loss, this will be the other one. To keep it will keep reminding you of him. Take the money and run girl.

I just got a 75 coupe, every option, including very rare ZO7 brake and suspension package, only 144 cars came with it. I paid $10,500, car is near perfect, L82, 4 sp, a/c, pw, pb, ps, map light, AM/FM stereo. rear defrost, totally stock, all smog, 58,000 miles.

Of the 38,465 1975 Corvettes made, only 4,629 convertibles. If they matching numbers, with the Auxiliary Removable Top (only 2,407 made) will be significantly more valuable. If it's a 8-10 condition then the number will double to the right buyer. One more comment, if it is the 27L paint coded Steel Blue of which there was only 1,268 out of the 38,465 now were talking real money.