My dad had a 1975 Corvette Stingray convertible and began a frame off restoration by a good shop, but he is dead and i'm not sure if it worth the 25K that need to complete it. He already put about 20K in it. He bought it brand new in 1975 with a 350, 4 speed manual, a rare silver on silver interior and a hard top. Everything is rebuilt or replace, a real rotisserie restoration with a bunch of photo to show the progress. Does someone know what it worth.

Vett1975
5

Asked by Vett1975 Mar 19, 2013 at 04:03 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Those pictures is when i went to the shop to see what was done.

103,165

Sorry about your Dad, but don't dump it on the first person that offers you money. That is worth some serious money and can even have sentimental value. That engine is brand new! Your going to have to do some research on Corvettes and see if you can find some receipts, look on ebay, hemmings and corvetter forums. I can't tell you what it is worth in that condition, but they are selling anywhere from $16 - $35K. I would say that one is on the high end. Of course you probably already know you never get out of the car what you put into it. Do you like it? I'd complete the restoration and enjoy it, drive and use it as a great memory of your Dad. Good Luck!

7jimmy7
11,995

they ask 45 to 50 for a finished unit,thats still 20k away ,if all parts ,body is off and needs assembled ,plus interior to ones choice ,gather em up and offer for 25,see what results,you don't have to sell to anyone cash or beer, put on e bay with 50 reserve,see if any money flying,around

califcarson
4,155

This is called the meeting of the minds. He does not mind paying the price, you don't min d selling for the price. 1975 and around there were the lean years for Corvette because of smog restrictions. It is a beautiful car, especially if a true quality frame off restoration is done. If your Dad put $20Gs in it so far, pay the rest to get it finished. Like said before, do on line shopping for what they are going for. Drive it to car shows, slap a 4-sale tag on it and see what is offered. Keep all receipts and paperwork for the car to give with it. If it is put back to original condition it may attract real Corvette enthusiasts wanting it to be original. Several years ago that is what brought top money. Now since it is hard to keep it original due to hard to locate parts, modification seems to be what sells today. I own a 1969 Corvette I restored, modified motor and trans, the exterior is stock. Get it running, drive it and enjoy it. Go to some car shows, sports car functions, and look up a local Corvette Club and go to a meeting. You will find more that enough people wiling to give good advice there. It is a fun drive, cleaned up, a great drive. If it is summer, put the top down and take the misses for a cruse down main street at night and go to get a malt or shake. Enjoy the car. Also paint color is what sells it. Don't skimp on the paint. I paid $1000.00 a gal. for my paint 10 years ago, and it still looks great. Look at my pictures. I'll include some engine photos later.