Paint is ok but a few chips and somewhat faded, could be alright with some detailing. How much would it affect the value if I choose to repaint it.

Explosivestech
0

Asked by Explosivestech Apr 30, 2013 at 05:07 PM about the 1973 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

1973 corvette, 350 engine, everything works runs great. It was parked inside for 14 years before i bought it with 67,000 miles. A few paint chips and red in color has faded but will come out of it with some detailing but does have a few spots were paint is chipped off lioke the gas cap and front,very minor in size.

13,105

Not really an expert on this but in my opinion not much if you get a quality paint job and keep it the original color. Unless garage kept from day one I'd expect a 40 year old car to have been repainted at least once in it's lifetime. Even if garage kept it will show some signs of wear at 67,000 miles. Chips, dings, some fading. The usual stuff. HTH. -Jim