How do I get a price analysis from CarGurus

Lennylee
25

Asked by Lennylee Oct 18, 2012 at 09:13 PM about the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Completed putting car up for sale, downloaded photos, completed the review etc... for so many points??? I put car up for sale without knowing what I probably should list it as. Of course I want big bucks like everyone else. but it would of been nice to know if I was in the ball park. Lenny

Rob Vukelich
255

If you don't already have one, get an ebay account and you will get the most realistic, actual selling prices for cars. DO NOT pay attention to what others LIST IT for! Starting prices, Current Bids and Buy it Now prices are not what they actually SELL for. Use the "Completed Listings" to get very accurate value. The only exception to this method is if you are selling a car that is older than about 10 years which would apply to your 69. At this point, the actual value becomes very dependent on mileage and condition but you still may find some examples of recent sales that MIGHT be similar to yours enough to give you an idea. Good luck.

Rob Vukelich
255

BTW. My answer above applies to the hundreds of other people on this site that ask the same question. I don't know why anyone would expect accurate answers from this forum. Any answers found here are purely speculation and have no basis in reality unless you find someone who has actually SOLD a similar model RECENTLY. Time of the year, economy climate, mileage, year, condition for a particular model can only be reflected in what they have recently sold for. There is no better place that I know of than eBay to find that info.

Denis Sagendorf
365

TRY THE LIBRARY, THEY COULD JUST HAVE ON HAND A COPY OF "KELLY BLUE BOOK". IT'S WORTH A SHOT, FOR TEN-FIFTEEN SECONDS OF YOUR TIME.

Rob Vukelich
255

KBB.com is the latest updated info as opposed to an old back dated hardcopy. But I don't think their results even go back that far.