Corvette Oil Pressure Gauge

Mike Lippolis
65

Asked by Mike Jul 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM about the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

When I start my corvette the oil pressure gauge reads at 0 but the car runs without a problem.
Why is the gauge still registering at 0?

George Daley
35

The gauge cluster is starting to have problems. My Chevy avalanche had a AFU cluster so we had to replace it.... Now it works fine.

A Facebook user
85

afu cluster might be out

Krez
335

Do you have an older vette 69 I assume? If so you may have a bad sending unit in the block or you may have to replace the gage.

Mike Lippolis
65

Could there be a clog in the line that makes the gauge not work?

Andrew Ingram
35

prolly just the sensor. but a 69 corvette! you gotta be one the luckiest ppl in th world

Mike Lippolis
65

thanks alot

Chris Yager
65

using a volt meter check continuity on the wires, make sure there is no short. if you have a cat,could be plugged, you probabaly don't have any emmision reqirements on it.

Mike Lippolis
65

thanks for the info

califcarson
2,055

Sending unit? For the coolant only. You have an oil line running to the gauge. It is small and can get bent and or clogged either in the line, gauge or plug hole inside the motor. Try to hook up another gauge first, ahead of the line. if it works, go to the oil gauge and see if it is working. if is is, replace the oil line. I've got well over 300K on my 69 Corvette, and the oil gauge still works, but the amp and coolant gauges are shot. I'm adding a new tri-cluster with new gauges in a few weeks, oil, coolant and amp.

califcarson
2,055

Original looking Oil gauges are $35 at summit. Zip has braided oil lines for $30. The original lines were black plastic. 1975 is when they went to electrical sensors on Corvettes. The C-2 Corvettes had either copper or steel oil lines.