I need a rough value of my 64 Vette

vokinvinnag
20

Asked by vokinvinnag Jul 17, 2013 at 03:50 PM about the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I purchased a 1964 Corvette Coupe a month ago and as I live on an island with the only one, I need to get some idea of value if it was in the States.
Its silver with black interior (original plate says silver with blue interior) It had a complete frame off restoration in 2007/8. I would put the Vette in 8.5/10 overall condition. Everything looks new. Its original miles before frame off was 77 000. It has 652 miles on it now.
It totally original except for the engine. It was stolen some years back and replaced with a 527 which I believe is pushing near 700HP. The previous owner said the engine cost him just short of $30 000. Rims are not original, has knockoff Edelbrocks and side pipes not original.
The only fault I can find having gone through the whole car and I see just about everything looks new (original) or replaced. except the bumpers have some mild pitting.

Sadly it still has the single master cylinder and non power steering so its a case of dont have a beer and drive cos you will not stop her.

If you need more info, please let me know. Just a guess on value would be appreciated.

KiKiVette
165

The only way to find the value of your 1964 Vette is to research on google or other browsers. I found a lot of sites that could possibly help you. At ebay they range, for sale, from $18,998-$79,900 not that buyers are willing to pay that price. As far as engine, that you will have to research as well. Most collectors want original parts and low mileage. KBB goes as far down to 1993, perhaps a dealer can help with that. www.edmunds.com/ is a site you can check with. I went on google asking. "What is the price for a 1964 Corvette?" There are a lot different sites you could research. Another way to find out the price is by using your vin#. I hope this helps. KiKiVette

vokinvinnag
20

Hi KiKiVette Many thanks for the assistance. I have looked at some sights and the huge ranger in value is what floors me. I cannot find a C2 with a 527 in it. I dont know if that helped the value or drew from it. I have the VIN but have not managed to find a site where I can punch it in to get value / history. One site I did use kicked it out because it did not have a 17 alpha/numeric value.

KiKiVette
165

I can only go by my experience in selling my husband's 1977 Vette. His engine blew up & he put a ZZ GM crate 383hp boarded out to 465hp. That really hasn't made a difference in value. All Vettes that I have researched have mostly 350hp. I'm not a hundred percent sure but I believe the 527 won't make a difference in value. I've have only heard of a 454. The alpha/numeric will change according to the engine size. Collectors want all orginal parts or close to it. I think, going to a dealer who buys corvettes, may be your answer or whoever your insurance company is, for a price, can quote you the value of your vette. C2's are very hard to find on line especially w/a 527. I hope that I have been of some assistance. I can understand your frustration but don't give up, there is an anwer to your question. KiKiVette ;) below is pic of hubby's vet.

Michael McGrail
5,715

I am curious to wonder if you are meaning 572 (instead of 527). Either way, you are looking at a car value if it is in excellent condition of around 35-40k here in the states. Being the rarity of the car on the island, I am sure it is prolly worth more on the island.

Best Answer
vokinvinnag
20

KiKiVette Many thanks. Yes, I have to use the internet as all cars on island have duty on them so to get a value one needs to establish a US value. If I had an engine in the range of what these models shoudl have it would be a lot easier, 350 or 327 for example

vokinvinnag
20

Hi Micahel I am 99% sure the buy said it was a 527 (8.6L) I will double check with him. When we import a car to Cayman, its duty on the CIF value. So lets use USD$35 000 as a value, then 2 000 to ship, thats 37 000. Then convert to Cayman Dollars and you get CI$31 080. Then multiply by 42% duty so thats CI$44 133. Add port fees etc and its CI$44 583. Worked that back to USD$ (divide by 0.82 this time) its USD$54 370. For me to have landed this Vette in Cayman for what I paid, CI$30 000, I woudl have had to have bought it in teh States at USD$25 000. So far with what I have found and the bloggers help, it seems like I did ok. to the point that when I need to sell I can ship it back to the States and realize what I paid for it.

vokinvinnag
20

Hi Michael Sorry my bad, its a 572