2006 Honda Odyssey sliding door

jopiola
10

Asked by jopiola Feb 16, 2010 at 06:13 PM about the 2006 Honda Odyssey LX

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey and about a week ago both of the automatic sliding doors ceased to work.
When you pull on the door handle a latch is released but the door does not move. There are three beeps. If
you try to pull open the door manually the beeping turns into one long beep. You can force the door open
manually. I tried switching fuses. The beeping comes from back of the passenger sliding door.

Mike Stuber
5

I know fuse 13 in my 1999 EX takes care of the doors - It resets them and allows them to work properly. Join www.odyclub.com. It's saved me thousands in repairs that I have been able to do myself. If you go to that site you'll have to join to search for a solution. I'm sure you'll be able to find your answer there. Good Luck!

John Falcone
95

I have a 2000 Odyssey, and if there is a long beep, it means the doors are open and the car is not in park. Im pretty sure if they were working, but beeping, it would be a switch on the tranny shift lever. But since thats not the case, have you tried turning the door switch to the on position (just a guess, but people tend overlook the easiest solution).

John Falcone
95

probably the fuse issue above though.

jopiola
10

I finally got it to work by disconnecting the battery and then reattaching. (I had a lot or deposit build up on one of the terminals). Once I reconnected the battery the door worked as it should. One thing to note is that when the battery is reattached you will need the 5 digit code for the radio.