Honda CRV with steam/smoke issue??

connielpz
0

Asked by connielpz Sep 07, 2013 at 02:56 PM about the 1996 Honda CR-V LX

Have a CRV and my daughter said she saw steam/smoke coming from the rear left (non-exhaust side) of the vehicle when driving. When she pulled over and went to look it was gone..

Any ideas of where to start searching??

13,075

Could be a brake issue. Perhaps the caliper or wheel cylinder got stuck on that wheel making the brake drag. Any strange odors? She also may have driven through a large puddle. Sometimes when water from a puddle splashes on the hot exhaust system you'll see steam for a few seconds. HTH. -Jim