clicking in dash

drzscott
0

Asked by drzscott Jan 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM about the 2005 Honda CR-V SE AWD

I get a clicking in the dash in cold temps when the car hits 40-45 mph.  It gets faster and louder as the speed increases but goes away in warmer temps.  What could cause this?

2,545

are you sure its in the dash?

drzscott
0

Yes as far as I can tell. IT is quite noticeable at speed and passengers agree it is coming from under or behind the dash. I sounds like a dry speedometer cable but this car does not have one. IT is all electronic.

HoJo
35

My thinking would be the heat control knob on your dash. The coil spring controlling the heat inflow may be reacting to the cooler temperature but relaxes when warm.