How can I get the estimated value of a project car?

jimmyvette
0

Asked by jimmyvette Jul 24, 2012 at 08:12 PM about the 1974 Chevrolet Corvette 2 Dr STD Coupe

74 Corvette stingray.  Sat for 10 years. Before taken off the road, it was maintained until then. Was used for everyday use.  Now the lights and mirrors are off. Lots of rust.  350CI and 4 spd.  Silver was original color. Black leather interior. T-tops.  Chrome rack. approx mile 80k

Rucko
2,275

Sounds like a car good for parts. to restore a car like that will cost way more than the car is worth. You can buy a 74 vette in good condition for around 10 - 15 thousand, check out usedcorvettesforsale.com.

Randy Robinson
0

A 74 Vette that has been sitting for 10 year is going to need a lot of work. I have seen those sell for 3k and 12k for one in nice condition with few issues. Tho the 1974 is unique in its own right remember it's not a 63 split window rare dog. It looks just like the 75, 76, & 77. Very minor details make it a tiny bit different. However 74 was the last year for a convertible top for a while. So If you have a convertible it's worth a bunch more... but I can't say how much.