Excessive play in C-6 vette's seat-back

pauljay
65

Asked by pauljay Feb 08, 2013 at 12:13 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I asked this question a few weeks ago and got only one response.  The seat-backs on my 2006 Corvette Coupe don't seem to lock into a vertical position and I don't want to drive the car with the seats at a reclined angle.  I checked 2 other similar vettes at a dealership and they both have the same issue.  How can I lock the seats in a safe driving position?  The adjustment handle for the seat-back is manual while the other seat positions are adjusted by power switches.  Is there a switch/lever on the back of the seat that has anything to do with this issue?  This excessive play does not seem right to me.  Any other C-6 owners know how I can make this right or is this just how the seats were designed?

45,705

You could go to a Corvette forum and see if other owners have fixed it. You could remover the fabric and see what's broken. You will probably have to do both.

7jimmy7
9,395

they try to fit everyone not to lose a customer at gm, ive already shimed the tail end of seat foot brackets with one inch sleeves and longer hi strength bolts ,never noticed